Gesu Mission Statement
Gesu Parish, is a Jesuit-sponsored Catholic community located within the central city of Milwaukee on the Marquette University campus. Gathered from many places and walks of life we are called to be disciples of Jesus. Enlivened by the Spirit we welcome all, so that together, we might fully reflect the glory of God. Ad majorem Dei gloriam.
Inspired by the Gospel and our Ignatian tradition, we utilize the many gifts of our diverse community to:
- foster the quality of Sacramental celebrations to nourish our faith;
- develop an understanding of, and engagement with Ignatian spirituality;
- form parishioners in Catholic tradition and lifelong spiritual growth;
- provide opportunities for stewardship of time, talent and treasure;
- promote social justice for all, especially the poor.
Gesu Parish, a Catholic community inspired by the Ignatian tradition, will be marked by:
- a spirit of inclusion, welcome and evangelism;
- vibrant Eucharistic celebrations that nourish faith;
- opportunities for lifelong spiritual growth;
- openness to intellectual and theological curiosity;
- advocacy of justice and service to meet the economic, spiritual and social concerns of those in need, especially the poor;
- direct, frequent, clear communication with parishioners, visitors and neighbors about all aspects of parish life;
- responsible stewardship of our resources – people, finances and facilities – rooted in gratitude for our heritage.